How will this help more lost and found dogs get reunited with their owners?
- The map-based system makes it easy for people to search for lost and found pets in their area.
- Listings can be searched by date, name, breed, age, gender, or size.
- HeLP technology makes it easy for finders to produce flyers and to share their post via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Linked In and more.
- Email and text alerts are sent to HeLP members to notify them when a pet is listed.
- Allows anyone to search and match lost and found pets 24/7.
How will this differ from what we are currently doing?
- Our lost and found dog report looks different and will automatically create a listing on the HeLP map.
- Our posts will look slightly different, but our volunteers will still post them to our LDI Facebook page when a volunteer is available.. You can still share our post with your Facebook friends like you have always done. But you will now have the ability to search by area by using the HeLP map.
We would like to encourage our fans, Illinois shelters, animal control facilities and stray holding facilities to check out the HeLP website and become familiar with it. It truly has the capability of being the ONE national lost and found database that is so badly needed in this country.
Here are the links:
The HeLP map: www.Helpinglostpets.com/MAP
If you have lost or found a dog fill out this report: http://www.helpinglostpets.com/LDIL