Traveling with your pet
- Be sure your dog is wearing a current ID tag that includes your cell phone number.
- Carry a copy of your dog’s rabies certificate in case your dog gets lost and is picked up by Animal Control. It is proof of a current rabies vaccination and your ownership.
- As an added precaution, simply take a piece of paper and packing tape, write the address/phone number of where you will be staying and tape it to the collar as a back-up or attach a temporary ID tag with the same information.
- To keep your dog safe while driving, please read our article: Safe Driving with Dogs
- If your dog does escape while you are traveling, please read our article: Tips for dogs that are lost from somewhere other than home
Hosting parties or gatherings
- Including your 4 legged friend is great, but if your dog is not one who goes with the flow, be sure to provide them with a nice quiet place away from the crowds to relax and feel secure.
- If your dog is a party animal and wants to be in the midst of the party – great!! ..Just be sure that someone keeps an eye on them or in a separate room and no escape routes like doors or gates are accidentally left open.
- Remember dogs that were unfazed by Uncle Joe giving them a kiss on top of the head or Grandma pinching their cheeks last year-may be terrified this year. Err on the side of caution.
Please follow and like us: